- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract from 01 January 2023 to 31st December 2024, Two (02) years contract with potential for renewal
- Duty Station: Head Office, Dhaka, with frequent travel to project areas
- Job Purpose:
- S/he is responsible for leading and managing all RMNCAH related projects/programmes assigned, delivering project activities, to ensure lasting improvement of Reproductive Maternal Neonatal Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) outcomes for climate-vulnerable targeted communities.
- The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Director-Programme Implementation on a day-to-day basis, however, will have a strong linkage with Health & Nutrition Advisor, MEAL Advisor, Advocacy Advisor, Gender and Inclusion Advisor, Communication Coordinator.
- Job Description: Click here to download
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Development Studies or related discipline.
- Having Medical Degree is an advantage.
- At least eight (08) years' experience of working in health or nutrition related projects.
- Excellent proven experience in delivering high quality Health and Nutrition programmes, with knowledge on the latest innovations and policy related dialogue in Bangladesh
- Solid experience of Project Cycle Management, including the development and use of Theory of Change, log frames, M&E systems, with strong knowledge and practical experience of applying PRA/Participatory Approaches.
- BDT 129,019/- to BDT 150,934/-
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Festival allowance (02), Baisakhi allowance, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Group Life and Hospitalisation Insurance coverages, OPD coverage, Mobile ceiling and other admissible benefits as per organisational policy.
For more details, please visit: bdjobs.com
|Job Category||INGO, NGO|
|Experience||At least 8 year(s)|
|Application Deadline||10 Dec 2022|
South Asia Partnership-Bangladesh (SAP-Bangladesh) invites applications for the position of Program Officer-SRHR from potential Bangladeshi nationals for implement “Integrated Sponsorship Funded Program” in Bhola Sadar Upazila for 12 months with the possibility of further extension. Application Deadline: 29 Oct 2022 Vacancy: 01 Employment Status: Full-time Age: Age at most 40 years Job Location: Bhola, Bhola (Bhola Sadar) Experience: At least 2-3 years relevant working experiences in Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights/Health Related component (Secondary School, FWC, CC, Youth Club & Adolescent) Educational Requirements: Masters in any discipline, preferably in Social Science Interested Bangladeshi nationals meeting the criteria are requested to send application along with - a cover letter, - detail curriculum vitae, - one copy recent passport size photograph, - one copy of national ID and - one copy of all academic and experience certificates to... Assistant Director, HR, Training & Admin, SAP-Bangladesh, House# 63, Block-‘Ka’, Mohammadpur Housing, Pisciculture & Farming Cooperative Society Ltd., Shyamoli, Mohammadpur, Dhaka–1207. Please mark the position and Project name on cover page/envelope. No TA/DA will be allowed for participating the interview. Photograph must be enclosed with the resume. For details on the job, please visit - bdjobs.com
Women's Hope International is looking for a Livelihood Specialist for its project- “Stop suffering caused by Female Genital Fistula (SS-FGF Project)”. The primary objectives of the Livelihood Specialist are:
- To develop tools and strategies for assessment
- Selection, implementation and evaluation of appropriate Livelihood interventions
- Assess and prioritise the the type of income generating activities (IGA) and type of trade
- Livelihood specialist will guide the project to choose and evaluate market-based Livelihood.
- He or She will be responsible for orienting field staff or fistula survivors on Livelihood, where applicable
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for an Inspirator- Protection and Resilience in Crisis for Action4Transformation (A4T) Project.
- Project : Action4Transformation (A4T): Youth for rights, resilience and redistribution in fragile context
- Unit : Young People
- Location of posting : Placement will be at partner levels (Teknaf and Satkhira) on roving basis
- Types of contract : Contractual
- Duration : Up to March 2023
- The Inspirator position consider as youth professional and practitioner with relevant working experience with young people, youth leadership, creative activism and movement building. S/he should be strong networker, facilitator, coach and co-creator of organising, movement building and creative activism activities.
- This position will be based in the partner organization at Teknaf, Cox’s Bazar and partly support to another partner organisation at Satkhira. At the project locations, s/he will be working closely with the hoisting organization staff and key youth volunteers and will be required to visit ActionAid Country Office to document and consolidate the work, and to report progress, share lessons learnt and follow up plans.
- The Inspirator is expected to develop capacity of young men and women on social protection mechanism (Peace, Justice, Social Cohesion, GBV etc.) in fragile context of the team members of partner organization and local level Activista members. S/he is supposed to support for strengthening capacity of the partner organization to implement their strategies (advocacy and campaign) on thematic areas. S/he will have to enhance skill of the partner organization and Activista members to work closely with the grassroots community, capturing grassroots voices and documentation of change stories.
- The Inspirator will motivate and develop skill of the local level youth Activista to maintain communication and linkage with local and national level youth platforms, association, and youth related government agencies and CSOs.
- Work with the hoisting organisation (60% of time):
- Facilitate weekly and monthly sessions on protection and resilience.
- Hands on support to the selective Activista members to develop leadership to facilitate advocacy and campaign through analyzing local context
- Provide training on digital literacy to the excluded young people specially women.
- Hands on support to develop capacity of young people on PVA analysis.
- Hands on support to the selected Activista members to capture inspirational stories of their interventions.
- Hands on support to the young people to be connected with the various network, platform and organization.
- Support Global Platform colleagues to design curriculum and facilitate trainings and coordinate actions with local youth hubs.
- Work with the other partners, groups, organisations (20% of time):
- Hands on support to the Activista member to be connected with solidarity network and other organizations.
- Hands on support to the Activista to conduct online campaign through social media and networking.
- Develop capacity of Activistas for using relevant tools of social protection mechanism and resilience.
- Hands on support to the Activista members on practicing their leadership and developing their organizational practice.
- Hands on support to the young people to conduct evidence based advocacy with relevant stakeholders.
- Other tasks that are common for all Inspirators (20% of time):
- Provide mentorship for young people who have attended trainings at the GP
- Mentor and support young people in their creative campaigning and organising efforts at the GP youth hubs.
- Support specific learning and campaign activities coordinated by ActionAid or the GP
- Participate in knowledge sharing networks like the Global Inspirator Learning network
- Cross-country knowledge exchange initiatives
- Personal training and development through induction courses and other training opportunities
- Graduate from any discipline with good academic results
- At least 1 year(s)
- Preferable - Knowledge on protection and resilience in crisis, government service delivery and practicing social accountability tools
- Minimum 1-year professional experience preferably around youth work, particularly in the areas of volunteer management, knowledge management, communication, protection and resilience in crisis.
- Technical Skill:
- Have practical experience with planning and carrying out creative campaigns
- Have experience working with and for young people’s agenda
- Have practical experience with doing action research
- Be a facilitator by heart, and know how to remain in the back seat, supporting others to learn and achieve results
- Have a creative approach to campaigning and advocacy
- Have experience with using participatory methods
- Have strong facilitation and mentoring skills
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Have a solid organisational network and good at making linkages
- Have full working knowledge of English
Salary & Other Benefits
- Tk. 47752 (Monthly)
- BDT. 47,752 whereas Living Allowance Monthly: BDT. 20,352; Accommodation: BDT. 26,400 and Support for data cards: BDT. 1,000.
- Moreover, Group Life Insurance and Medical Benefit will be covered
Apply ProcedureTo find out more details & apply instructions, visit: ActionAid Bangladesh
Application Deadline5th March 2022 Source: Bdjobs
The purpose of the position is to take leadership role of Promoting Peaceful Society Project in Ukhiya and Teknaf Upazila of Cox`s Bazar district through facilitation, management and implementation of Community Engagement & Social mobilization, Engaging Local Government Institution, Engaging youth through Campaign & Awareness to address GBV and promote Social Harmony. This position will be responsible to overseeing programme activities, developing capacity of front line staff, achieving the programme targets in terms of quantity and quality, capturing learning and challenges with coordination with Sector Specialist and Programme Organiser/Field Organiser.
- Develop and deliver strategic knowledge management and communications plans for promoting and marketing of NCD Project and Comprehensive Medical Center (CMC) offerings, campaigns and operations
- Organise district level planning, budgeting and monitoring of all components of Promoting Peaceful Society Project
- Extract learnings through facilitative monitoring and knowledge sharing mechanism Attend/coordinate/represent in GO/NGO meetings/forums at district level and Upazila level
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of all activities of Community Engagement & Social mobilization, Engaging Local Government Institution, engaging youth through Campaign & Awareness to address GBV and promote Social Harmony under Promoting Peaceful Society Project
- Plan and ensure meeting, training, workshop, refreshers, dialogue session of the project
- Ensure close supervision of initiatives and capture learning through proper documentation
- Organise and participate in field visits by donor/GO/other relevant stakeholders Take necessary initiatives for capacity building of Programme Organiser/ Field Organiser
- Conduct monthly staff meetings to take initiatives for developing capacity of Programme Organiser/ Field Organiser
- Develop competency plan for Programme Organiser/Field Organiser based on their need and take action for implementation
- Maintain liaison and coordination with BRAC HCMP
- Network with other organization regarding Community Engagement & Social mobilization, Engaging Local Government Institution, Engaging youth through Campaign & Awareness to address GBV and promote Social Harmony
- Maintain close networking and liaison with district and Upazila level relevant government offices and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure effective coordination with DBC and other programme staff to get quality support for SELP
- Maintain close coordination with PNGOs
- Lead to develop programmatic budget as per yearly operational plan
- Ensure expenditure according to the budget and take steps for actual coding of expenditure
- Prepare monthly/quarterly of programme reports, MIS reports in due time and submit to PM/PC (SELP)
- Prepare event report maintain quality
- Prepare case story and other documents like learning, challenges and other report and submit to respective supervisor
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme's goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so
Educational RequirementsMasters degree in any discipline
- At least 5 year(s) of experience.
- Good articulation, presentation and writing skills in Bangla and English is preferable.
- Good in reporting, situation analysis, context analysis.
- Have knowledge on Programme Cycle management, SDG 16, Social Cohesion and Peace building, Gender and Women empowerment, GBV, Good governance, Human Rights and Social context of Bangladesh.
- Knowledge on Local Govt. and Law on Local Govt. Institutions.
Salary and benefits
- Festival Bonus (two)
- Health and life Insurance and others
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, view the details and application links via: https://careers.brac.net/jobs/147
Application Deadline24th February 2022 Source: Bdjobs
International Rescue Committee (IRC) has a vacancy in the position of "Women's Protection & Empowerment Case Worker". The position works in the Women`s Safe Space part of the comprehensive/integrated women and girls Centers. Her/his role is to provide direct case management, individual counseling and group-based psychosocial activities in the space. Her/his objective is to provide age-appropriate case management services to female GBV survivors, including supporting them in assessing and planning for safety, assessing their own needs and developing a plan to address their individual needs and safely implementing this plan. These Centers will also provide essential SHR services to women and girls, so the Case Worker will work closely with the health team to ensure internal referrals and strong collaboration and adherence to GBV guiding principles.
- Reinforce adherence to the GBV guiding principles and women-, girl- and survivor centered support throughout all activities in the women and girls Centers and safe spaces
- Adhere to the women-, girl- and survivor-centered support approach, the GBV guiding principles and the IASC GBV Case Management Guidelines (2017) throughout all GBV case management and psychosocial interventions for women and girls. This includes ensuring confidentiality of survivors, and respect for their wishes and decisions
- Provide age-appropriate case management, including: assessment of women and adolescent girl's needs; provide basic, crisis counseling (and in some contexts further individual counseling); safety strategizing and risk assessing; development of action plans; support in pursuing services and support; safe, confidential and appropriate referrals in-line with the formal GBV referral pathways
- Work in close, daily collaboration with the health team in the Centers to ensure women and girls have safe, discrete and confidential access to/from the GBV and health services via the internal referral procedures
- Provide services to child and adolescent survivors of GBV, including case management as well as the best interest determination, age appropriate engagement and decision-making by survivors, and Do No Harm analysis
- Lead age-appropriate and specialized group emotional services to vulnerable women and girls
- Work with the WPE team to ensure response to the evolving needs of women and girls and their communities Identify concerns related to and support adherence to GBV referral protocols and GBV guiding principles, and bring these concerns to the WPE Response Officer
- Maintain effective working relationships with relevant partners including community leaders and other implementing partners
- Complete monthly activity reports, according to mentorship provided by the WPE Response Officer
- Maintaining detailed and confidential case files in line with recognized standard methodologies
Educational RequirementsMinimum Bachelor's degree in any Psychology/ Gender or Women's Studies/ Social Work/ Social Science or other relevant subject
Experience and Additional Requirements
- Minimum 2 years' experience needed in the field of Gender and/or GBV
- Professional experience in counselling and implementing activities for women and girls or proven engagement in women's rights/groups - highly desirable
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a clear and genuine willingness to work and learn quickly and be committed to developing professionally in the field of GBV and supporting women and girl's protection and empowerment - essential
- Deep understanding of and interest in the well-being of women and girls, and supporting their healing after the experience of violence
- Understanding of the impact and dynamics of men's violence against women and girls, and a strong interest in working on women and girls' protection and empowerment
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to keep records and write simple and basic reports of activities would be an added advantage;
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to build trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity
- Demonstrated dedications to women's empowerment and protection through current/ previous volunteer or paid work in women's group, girls clubs or other relevant experience is an added advantage
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect in CWC/IWC at all times is essential
- Language spoken by population in need - essential
- Good working knowledge of English - preferable, not essential
Salary, Compensation & Other Benefits
- Tk. 51600 (Monthly)
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Two retention benefits in a year equivalent to two basic salaries
Apply ProcedureApply online via Bdjobs: CLICK HERE
Deadline for Application20 Feb 2022
Prottyashi, A social development organization has been responding the Rohingya Crisis in Cox`s Bazar since the crisis started and currently is going to implement a project in the Rohingya community of Cox`s Bazar with the funding of USAID and in partnership with IRC. Prottyashi invites applications for the vacant position titled- Project Coordinator for the "Delivery of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) focused and gender-transformative life skills education programmes for Adolescents and Youth from the Rohingya refugee camps and immediate and surrounding host communities" Project.
ReportingProject Coordinator will report to Director (Program) of Prottyashi. S/He has to maintain functional relationship with his/her peers, project teams and organization`s other priority teams. S/He must be able to communicate with other teams and units both program and operational of the organization.
Job ResponsibilitiesProject Management:
- Responsible to oversee all project activities in Rohingya communities and be the main contact point for the project, government and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring programme management and financial management functioning collaboratively and in compliance with accepted standards
- Ensure timely implementation of the project activities as defined by the workplan.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, mentoring, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes etc
- Assist to the project team and other stakeholders define, communicate and drive the strategic vision and goal of the programme
- Design and participate in awareness raising activities aimed at promoting changes in attitudes and behaviours regarding SGBV/SRH
- Troubleshoot project problems, launch initiatives to reduce operational costs and defects, identify and implement creative solution for smooth project management
- Supervise all the other project staffs including volunteers through maintaining regular communication with the project staffs and conducting regular field visit.
- Provide support and monitor the implementation of project activities according to the workplan and scheduled timeline.
- Ensure quality delivery of training and awareness raising interventions of the project staffs and volunteers on SRHR and prevention of GBV and SGBV.
- Ensure appropriate and sustained messaging of SRHR information to target beneficiaries
- Monitor project activities through regular visit in the field to ensure quality of the project deliverables and mobilize the field staffs.
- Provide technical support to the direct beneficiaries in case of arising any complication in the field.
- Maintain liaison with the funding partners and head office of the Prottyashi for successfully implementation of the project activities.
- Maintain coordination with protection sector to ensure timely sectoral reporting, progress sharing and strategy setting.
- Planning, initiating and reviewing external communication to promote project activities on various platforms.
- Preparing presentation for the meetings and issues for the various level of coordination meetings and workshops.
- Prepare weekly/monthly progress report with the cooperation of other project staffs and submit to the Director (Program) of Prottyashi.
- Assist Finance and Procurement Officer to prepare monthly financial report through matching activities implemented.
- Prepare document of all events, program learning, process, and impacts of project should be sent to the central program team.
- Nurturing relationship with the press to mobilize it as and designing content for proactive media campaign as well as for publishing in local and national media.
- Collect field level evidence of project activities through photographs and send it to the central monitoring team of Prottyashi.
Educational Requirements:Bachelor/Master's degree in any discipline from any reputed university preferably in psychology, public health, sociology and social sciences.
Skills and Experience Requirements:At least 05 years of professional experience in national or international organizations in coordinating similar projects. Should have 3 years of experience on managing, coordinating and implementing field level activities on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), prevention of Gender Based Violence (GBV) in the humanitarian response. Technical Skills:
- Skill of photography
- Must have professional writing and speaking capacity in English and Bangla, i.e. monitoring report, field visit report, event report, case study/story, press release, content writing, etc.
- Proficient with MS office suite
- Able to take decision in a timely manner, priorities and multi-task work seamlessly
- Other Required Competencies: Must be able to drive motorcycle.
SalaryMonthly Net Salary will be 64,309 BDT with other admissible benefit such as provident fund.
Apply procedureInterested applicants with relevant background can apply as follows:
- Apply online with a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org or,
- Send hard copy to 'The Human Resources Manager, Prottyashi Head Office: Syed Bari, 903/A Omar Ali Matobbar Road (Near Bahaddar Bari) Chandgaon, Chittagong-4212.'
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and in 26 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education, protection and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
- The IRC Community Outreach officer will be responsible to implement community mobilization/Outreach activities in target area, also provide the technical support to the Women and Girls Safe Spaces (WGSS) for community engagement. Under the supervision of the Senior WPE Officer the Community Outreach Officer will responsible to ensure community participation at different forms, also supervise and facilitate Community Outreach volunteer activities as per the indicators and achieving objective. For the smooth running of the project the responsibility will be to identify gaps that could put women and girls at risk of GBV, managing all GBV Prevention and risk mitigation measures which includes community awareness and approaches to increase safety of target communities and women and girls who are at risk of GBV, also share timely feedback with Senior WPE officer/WPE Manager.
- (S)he will facilitate field based activities and trainings for assuring quality of program implementation and also be responsible to strengthen community and government network at facility level. They will ensure that all activities conducted as part of WGSS’s WPE activities follow the guiding principles and the survivor-centred approach to adhere to standard methodologies.
- The Community Outreach Officers will be the main channel for communication between IRC and the community and will ensure that community mobilization activities, risk mitigation, safety assessments, outreach visits, capacity building, meetings, and community-based activities are properly planned, implemented, and monitored.
Job ResponsibilitiesService Responsibilities:
- The main responsibility of this position is to lead implementation of GBV outreach and community mobilization activities ensuring these activities are informed by target beneficiaries and correspond to their priorities, needs and safety.
- Raise awareness on GBV and mobilise the communities to access the services provided at the WGSS.
- Conduct training and dialogues with women and men community members, community leaders and key informants on the topics of GBV, women’s rights, gender equality in line with priorities identified by women and girls.
- Provide Support on Data Collection, Assessment, Safety Audit, and community-based Protection Assessment. Assist in organizing and conducting surveys, assessments, and focus group discussions.
- Conduct awareness session/ Court Yard Meetings/ Household Visits in the community using.
- Actively engage in coming up with creative and culture sensitive IEC materials containing messages of prevention and response of GBV, ensure the materials are tested before dissemination.
- Plan for trainings to different targeted groups on GBV Flip Chart, Pictorial materials.
- Ensure community mobilization as necessary for different activities such as establishing community protection committees, meetings, trainings and focus group discussions, events, etc.
- Plan and mobilize the community and other stakeholders to participate in key calendar events as a GBV awareness and information sharing platform.
- Clearly explains the referral pathway and refer individuals to the Response team using the survivor centered approach.
- Mobilize community members to create a protective environment and promote women and girls’ safety and dignity and mitigating risk.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Sr. WPE Officer and report on any issues encountered.
- Respect the principle of confidentiality and do no harm when communicating with clients and partners.
- Developing linkages and maintaining effective working relationships with other community services/agencies or working group partners.
- Implement community mobilization activities in the field.
- Ensure community participation at different Implementation stages, and monitor community-based activities and timely identification of gaps.
- Ensure participation in facility base meeting.
Educational RequirementsCandidates with studies in social science, psychology, gender or women’s studies, social work or other relevant/related studies, and /or professional experience in counselling and implementing activities for women and girls or proven engagement in women’s rights/groups – desirable, not essential.
Experience and Additional Requirements
- At least 2-3 years of experience needed in the field on community engagement, Mobilization and Protection Previously working with any local or International NGO.
- Experience in GBV with a specific focus in supporting women and girl survivors of male violence
- Understanding of the impact and dynamics of men’s violence against women and girls, and a strong interest in working on women and girls’ protection and empowerment
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through current/ previous volunteer or paid work
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients all times is essential
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops and mentoring others
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Excellent communication and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity
- Strengths in listening, empathy, flexibility, and creativity
- Familiarity with principles of monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in writing brief narrative reports
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good working knowledge of language spoken by population in need, plus English language.
Salary, Compensation & Other Benefits
- Tk. 51600 (Monthly)
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Two retention benefits in a year equivalent to two basic salaries
Apply procedureApply online via BDjobs: CLICK HERE APPLICATION DEADLINE: 14th February 2022 (Monday)
Job ResponsibilitiesThe GBV Assistant will be responsible for:
- conducting daily awareness raising sessions through outreach and advocacy activities to GBV/SRHR programming
- ensure that program goals and objectives are met, conduct awareness raising sessions on GBV prevention mechanisms, client services and access available to survivors of GBV
- identifying protection concerns for women, girls, boys, and men and will share critical information through regular meetings with the GBV/SRHR Program Manager
- providing regular training to and oversee 20 Change Makers (volunteers) to assist and conduct daily awareness raising sessions in Kutapalong Refugee Camp Programmatic Duties
- Engage refugee populations and share information through conducting outreach, meetings, campaigns, discussion groups, activities, etc.
- Develop communication strategies and work with the GBV/SRHR team and Change Makers to develop and test appropriate IEC materials.
- Provide trainings to key stakeholders such as community leaders, service providers, and staff from UN and other NGOs on GBV referral pathway, service provision and protection mechanisms / safety planning for women and girls as needed.
- Monitor protection concerns for women, girls, boys, and men and share concerns with the GBV/SRHR Program Manager and service providers.
- Maintain good relations with key stakeholders such as community leaders, service providers, and staff from UN and other NGOs.
- Coordinate activities with Friendship staff, relevant stakeholders, community members and leaders to build strong working relationships with the community, government authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs.
- Maintain records of activities, conduct monitoring activities and produce regular reports.
- Work with the Clinical and Outreach team, service providers, and the community to develop and or disseminate information on appropriate referral pathway in coordination with the GBV Sub-Sector working group.
- Work closely with the Clinical and Outreach Teams for coordination and proper referral of cases.
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Graduation from any discipline, B.com / Bsc.
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- Language ability required; English language preferred
- Understanding of GBV & SRHR
- In-depth understanding of the root causes of GBV, Humanitarian and related International standards, and GBV prevention and response strategies.
- Familiarity with WHO Clinical Management of Rape (CMR) guidelines or Clinical Care of Sexual Assault Survivors (CCSAS) guidelines, and IASC Guidelines
- Experience in training
- Experience in community mobilization
- Comfortable working in refugee camps
- Interest in women and girls’ equality, safety and advancement of human rights.
23rd January 2022
Apply via BDjobs clicking HERE.
Plan International is looking for an Education Specialist, Girls Get Equal (GGE) Project.
About the projectPlan International Bangladesh is going to implementing a multi years project titled ‘Girls Get Equal: Integrated approach to end CEFM’ ‘in one district (Barguna) of Barisal Division. The overall objective of the project is to reduce the incidence of child marriage in 16 unions of two sub-districts within the district of Barguna. The project will reach 26,000 children and youth in Barguna District with interventions across the five outcome areas which are girls’ retention in school, youth economic empowerment, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), social norm change and child protection. The project will target the most marginalized adolescents and young women, will follow a clear tested graduation model to make the young women economically productive through effective training and income generating opportunities and socially empowered to achieve gender equality in the world of work. Contract duration: Upto December 2024
- The Education Specialist will lead, organize and develop strategic directions for the education programme to ensure synchronized programme implementation.
- S/he will oversee implementation process and quality of educational interventions according to developed guideline/standards.
- The position holder will work in a team to ensure the use of gender transformative inclusive education tool in implementation process of the project and support partner to establish community and school led initiative that reduce girls drop out and end early marriage of girls.
- S/he will promote collaborative relationships, networking, and advocating project approaches to concerned authority and departments of government (e.g. Union Parishad, District and Upazila level Secondary Education Authority, NCTB, DSHE, Department of Children & Women’s Affair, Social Welfare Department at Sub-district, District & Divisional level etc.) and like-minded organizations.
- S/he will engage national level relevant government, UN and I/NGO experts to develop and review different guidelines, manuals, resource materials to be used in the project.
- The jobholder will maintain close coordination/functional relationship with Plan’s divisional colleagues for better integration of the project.
- S/he will create evidences with proper documentation for designing and implementing capacity development of partner staff, Teacher and School management to bring about social change toward girls.
- S/he will be responsible for collecting information, reviewing documents, field visits, preparing drafts in consultation with other programme teams etc. and accumulate information to use in influencing at higher level within relevant identified stakeholders.
- The Education Specialist will also be responsible to provide assistance and appropriate support in emergency responses as the project location is in a disaster-prone area.
Educational, Skill and Experience Requirements
- We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual with a Master's Degree preferably in Education or any other relevant subject from a reputed University.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum three years of relevant working experience in implementing formal and non-formal education projects preferably in mainstream education project.
- Demonstrated skills in providing technical inputs for addressing education issues and the result chain of projects with In-depth understanding on gender dimension, gender equality and inclusion regarding education.
- Exposure to community development especially in the child/youth rights development and the basic capabilities to adopt appropriate tools & methodologies to facilitate disadvantaged children, young people, families and communities.
Salary and benefitsMonthly Consolidated Salary Range: Tk. 100,000.00 to Tk. 110,000.00 (may vary based on experience) Other Benefits: Life & Health Insurance Benefit, Festival Bonus, Yearly Health Checkup etc.
How to applyTo find out more details & apply instructions, visit: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Barisal-Education-Specialist-Girls-Get-Equal/758695501/
Deadline15th January 2022
ContextThe position will support the implementation of the IRC's Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) projects in IRC facilities as assigned from time to time within Rohingya Refugee Camps and host community. The Clinical SRH Manager will ensure the delivery of high quality sexual and reproductive healthcare services through direct monitoring and mentorship of Medical Doctors and/ midwives. Reporting to: Senior Reproductive Health Manager
- Plan and implement SRH activities such as BEmONC services, Family Planning, Syndromic management of Sexually transmitted Infections, Menstrual Regulation, Post abortion care, Normal Vaginal Delivery, Clinical management of sexual assault and Health education working closely with RH and GBV team to access “hard to reach‟ and vulnerable beneficiaries to increase SRH service utilization in the WSS and IRC’s other facilities
- Provide technical oversight, leadership, guidance and training to field-based health staff in the area of Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Ensure proper SRH data recording in the IRC supported health facilities, support the compilation of data and generation of quality SRH reports on a regular and timely manner to ensure all required donor reports are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Work closely with the Senior Managers for implementing strategies to increase Family Planning (FP) uptake with a special focus on community awareness raising and ensuring the availability of FP supplies in IRC supported facilities.
- With the support of Senior Managers implement trainings to build capacity on BEmONC and other SRH services for IRC health facility staffs.
- Develop awareness raising messages with other colleagues to promote uptake of emergency SRH services in a timely manner
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and support in technical issues and/or other implementation issues.
- Directly provide LARC services in the WSSs and other health facilities.
- Work closely with the IRC’s Women Protection & Empowerment (WPE) teams to implement holistic programming to meet the diverse and unique needs of women and girls; Promoting a culture of learning whereby lessons-learned and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory.
- Keep updated budget spent out plans in order to maintain program expenditure within budget for all SRH projects.
- Represent the project in the stakeholders’ meetings (community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organizations) at field level to enhance cooperation and coordination and advocate with and/or advise peer agencies/ local government to promote inclusive and high quality Sexual and Reproductive Health response services.
- Work closely with the Senior Managers to oversee management aspects of the SRH projects including, but not limited to, writing job descriptions, interviewing and hiring staff, developing staff performance objectives and conducting timely performance appraisals.
- Strictly follow up the medical and operational supply chain system, stock recording, timely ordering for the supplies and accountabilities in relation to the warehousing and using of the supplies including medicines and medical items.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- At least 3 years’ clinical experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health at hospital level and/or preferably in complex humanitarian and/or emergency settings.
- Clear interest in, and work experience with the MISP (Minimum Initial Service Package).
- At least 1 years’ experience in management of health facilities and staff, including previous experience of supervising and mentoring other health staff.
- Post-Graduation Training (PGT) in gynecology and obstetrics will be added value.
- Skills to provide sensitive and appropriate medical counseling.
- Ability to be innovative, flexible, adaptive, and willingness to work in potentially stressful and challenging environments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect in the Centers at all times.
- Proven abilities in developing work plans, data collection/ analysis and performance monitoring.
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local health representatives.
- Excellent communication skills, good spoken and writing of concise reports in English.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Epi-Info/SPSS and Outlook.
- Language Preference: English, Bangla and Chittagonian.
Educational qualificationCompleted Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) having valid registration from Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC).
- BDT 103,700 (Per Month)
- Special Allowance: 17,500
- Retention Benefits: 2 (Two) Basic salaries in a year, eligible after 6 months of service
- Gratuity: As per Policy, Health and Life Insurance, Mobile Allowance as per policy)
BRAC is looking for a Programme Manager, Gender Mainstreaming in its Gender Justice and Diversity Programme. The job location is BRAC's head office in Dhaka. In order to achieve organisational mission, vision and program objective, the main focus of the position is to:
- Facilitate sector specific gender mainstreaming process through technical assistance ensure strategic support to BRAC programs/ enterprises and departments provide coordination and management of gender mainstreaming initiatives.
- The position will support Technical Managers to practically and strategically institutionalise integration of gender mainstreaming in BRAC’s programmes/ enterprises.
- Design and analyse sector specific Gender mainstreaming scope and priorities in BRAC programmes/ enterprises.
- Provide guidance, advice and technical support on gender mainstreaming to BRAC programmes/ enterprises.
- Develop gender equality tools, frameworks, checklists and indicators to strengthen gender mainstreaming technical support of GJD for BRAC programmes/ enterprises.
- Facilitation and regular coordination with programmes/ enterprises management and team for effective collaboration.
- Lead the process of dialogue and negotiation for establishing GI result tracking and progress reporting mechanism.
- Lead and systematise the process for GI technical skill development of partner programmes/ enterprises.
- Submit monthly reports on her/ his activities related to gender programming in the field, consistent with the priorities established in the work plan.
- Identify emerging gender-related issues and risks and report on issues as they arise.
- Effective budget preparation, periodic analysis and review of budget expenditure and ensure efficient budget management in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Establish and strengthen Programmes/ enterprises ownership for achieving BRAC Gender goals through increased engagement of partner program.
- Monitor implementation progress of the Gender Mainstreaming interventions and ensure technical and strategic input for effective field operation.
- Coordination with KM, M&E, OD for gender integration result tracking, quality monitoring, knowledge capturing and progress reporting.
- Provide technical advice, direction and support to Upazilla Managers to achieve impact on gender and women’s empowerment.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain key professional networks, relationships with partners, national agencies, civil society organisations/ women’s organisations to ensure gender is integrated in wider initiatives, and to promote the partners’ participation in coordination systems at the local level.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Good understanding of the conceptual issues of Gender and Women empowerment.
- Basic understanding of Project Management.
- Competencies on Gender analysis of programs, materials and policies.
- Experience on facilitate Training Needs Assessment (TNA).
- Experience on gender related materials (tools, guidelines etc.) development.
- Demonstrated management skills in a team oriented environment, problem solving and decision making.
- Budget preparation and expenditure tracking.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Educational requirementsMasters in any discipline from any recognised university. Candidates having major in Economics/ Sociology/ Anthropology/ Education/ Public Health/ Women & Gender Studies will be given preference.
ExperienceAt least 7 year's of working experience in relevant field.
Salary and other benefitsSalary: negotiable Other benefits: Festival Bonus, Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health and Life Insurance and others.
Apply procedureIf you are interested, apply via https://careers.brac.net/jobs/44
Application Deadline2nd January 2022
About Gender Justice and Diversity (GJD) ProgrammeThe Gender Justice and Diversity (GJD) Programme is at the core of BRAC’s operations. Our goal is to ensure equal access for all to progress professionally. We address issues of gender inequality, violence against women and children and work towards creating a harassment-free workplace. GJD has been paramount in facilitating gender transformative programmes across all BRAC initiatives. Want to play an active role towards fighting gender-based discrimination? Join us and learn how to bring transformative change into the mainstream. Working at brac is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.
|Job Category||INGO, NGO|
Oxfam is looking for a dynamic and sincere person with feminist leadership skills and values with substantive expertise and experience in the strategic leadership role of Gender Justice programmes in a humanitarian context.
- The role of the Gender Coordinator is to effective, efficient, timely management of the Gender Programmes in Cox's Bazar in line with programme results and strategic approaches on Transformative Leadership for Women's Rights (TLWR) and Feminist Local Humanitarian Leadership (FLHL).
- The Gender Coordinator will provide regular technical support and operational guidance to Gender Oxfam and partner project teams in camp and host communities to operationalize Oxfam's approaches on Transformative Leadership for Women's Rights (TLWR) by building understanding, support in developing work plans, and developing strategies and tactics.
- This role ensures on-time participation in the Senior Management Team of Oxfam Cox's Bazar Response in strategic decisions.
- Contribution to build sustain donor relationships to resource the Gender Programme is also one of the key areas.
- Gender Coordinator with EFSVL, WASH and Protection programmes will support on integration of Oxfam minimum Gender in Emergencies (GiE) Standards and participation.
- The post holder must have an advanced degree on Gender Studies, Social Sciences or any other related field.
- The post holder needs to have expertise in technical analysis, design and operationalization of gender justice TLWR, women's rights empowerment and leadership programming.
- The post holder will advocate and influence Feminist Local Humanitarian Leadership (FLHL) in the context of a refugee crisis.
- The post holder should have an excellent understanding of the gender and protection context of the Rohingya crisis and its different impacts on women and men, girls and boys.
- The post holder will also collaborate with other programme teams and Oxfam partners to build their capacity in integrating Gender in Emergencies (GIE) Standards and TLWR in their work.
Salary and benefits
- As per Oxfam National pay band (C2 Grade)
- Other benefits e.g. medical for staff, spouse and children, contributory provident fund, gratuity, leave & insurance.
- For external applicants, go to: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk
- For internal applicants, go to: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/internal
- Search for the vacancy using the reference number INT8060 to complete the online application process
Submit your application before midnight (GMT) on the closing date 10 December 2021.
Oxfam employs more than 6,000 people in 90 countries who share a commitment to work together to end poverty and suffering. It is committed to ensure diversity and gender equality within the organization and welcomes applications from women, person with disability and under-represented groups. Oxfam does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on their HIV/AIDS status. The organization has been working in Bangladesh since the War of Independence and has established a permanent country office in 1972. Since then it has responded to all major emergencies in the country. Oxfam's current program focuses on Economic Justice & Resilience, Gender and Women's Leadership and Humanitarian Capacity Building and Response.
Marie Stopes Bangladesh, a UK based international healthcare organization operating in Bangladesh for more than 30 years, is looking for a Manager -Training who develops and leads strategies for the expansion and strengthening of MSB`s training programs, prepare training calendar based on Training need analysis and conduct/ execution/ implementation of trainings as per plan. The role is future, and strategy focused with an aim to ensure the continuation of the training centre as a high quality and sustainable business. This position will be based in Head Office, Dhaka and will travel field frequently.
- Develop and execution of strategic plan for Training Center to ensure that it meets the internal training needs of MSB based on internal training need assessments as well as leveraging income generation by providing external training and other related services to external clients.
- Undertake regular market analysis to understand the external training context and trends in different private & NGO sector as well and reforming the strategic plan and demand generation activities in alignment.
- Identify potential clients for external training, build and maintain close relationships with potential and current clients.
- Work closely with relevant Operations Managers, HR and the Quality Assurance and Management team to develop annual training development plans for MSB team member's and teams based on training/development needs, project/donor requirements and available resources.
- Develop systems and tools to evaluate the success of both individual trainings and the overall training programme. Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of trainers and develop action plans to address identified issues.
- Regularly analyse the performance of the training centre regarding training quality, income generation and use by external clients to identify areas for improvement or opportunities to further grow the sustainability of the training centre.
- MBA in Human Resources Management or other relevant discipline from reputed institution such as IBA/DU/NSU/IUB/BUP or any other well accredited university. MPH in Hospital Management/ Healthcare will be added advantage.
- 5 to 10 year(s)
- At least 5 - 10 years of working experience including 5 years of experience in Learning & Development of reputed healthcare organization/well-known corporate or MNC.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in both written and oral.
- Competitive salary & benefit packages will be offered for deserving candidate as per policy.
If you are passionate about making a difference in society, please send your resume via email or hard-copy.
To apply via e-mail: Send your CV to email@example.com or to.
To send Hard-copy application: Send hard copy to General Manager, HR & Administration, Marie Stopes Bangladesh, House # 6/2, Block # F, Lalmatia Housing Estate, Dhaka - 1207
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
|Job Category||INGO, NGO|
The Program Officer of Girls` Education Program (GEP) will be responsible for providing technical support in carrying out all activities of Room to Read`s Girls` Education program. This includes support to Senior Program Manager in Program Management, Contextualization, facilitating trainings for Social Mobilizers on program content and delivery, providing technical guidance to ensure Social Mobilizers conduct activities in line with global program design. This position will require travel to all the working areas of Room to Read as well as regular interaction with education officials, partners, school administrators, teachers and students. This position requires expertise in life skill trainings, mentoring, networking, advocacy, and supervising. The Program Officer of Girls` Education Program (GEP) will report to the Sr. Program Manager, Girls` Education Program.
Job responsibilities:Support GEP Senior Program Manager in Program Management, Contextualization, Training and Coordination (70%):
- Prepare session plan and conduct session with Sr. PM GEP to prepare Country Field & Partner Office GEP staff in the use of contextualized program content and professional learning materials.
- Provide technical oversight of GEP staff and Social Mobilizers (SMs); including providing on-going capacity building, on-site coaching, and technical support as required to address issues of program implementation quality in content areas.
- Provide general technical support to Country Field & Partner Office GEP staff in program content areas where contextualized worldwide content and professional development are not yet available.
- Monitor and collect feedback/best practices on the use of contextualized program content and professional learning materials, including conducting regular field visits.
- Provide feedback & input to Sr.PM GEP for sharing with the Global PDTA team on the use and effectiveness of contextualized program content and professional learning materials to improve design and content.
- Revise contextualized program content and professional learning materials as needed based on learnings from field implementation, in collaboration with the Global Office GEP Manager responsible for development of the digital content and providing training and orientation to the target group and relevant staff.
- Collect draft digital contents from the vendor and arrange for staff review session, compile feedback and comments for improvement and finalization of the digital content.
- Carry out other activities as may be required to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Frequent travel to the field for overseeing the technical and quality aspects of GEP program.
- Provide program technical expertise to the Country Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (RM&E) team to support design, implementation and refinement of monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures used to track progress against planned program outcomes.
- Prepare the program & donor reports as necessary.
- Prepare field visit report and provide suggestion for program improvement.
- Check GSD data for GEP program and support the field GEP staff to update/ correct GSD data if required.
- Document best practices, case studies and lesson learned and share with the GEP team, as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community and school members, local educational authorities, government officials, and other NGOs as needed to mobilize support for the program.
- Represent Room to Read internally and externally by attending and speaking at relevant forums, advocate for the importance of girls' education and gender equality program work.
- Master's degree required in a related field of study in Education, Social Work, Gender & Women Study or other related field;
- At least 5 year(s)
- Only females will be considered for this position
- A minimum of 5 years of related professional work experience with NGOs, INGOs or other Development sector;
- Proven track record in developing and implementing program improvements that achieve results;
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience in conducting trainings for adults and adolescents;
- Experience adapting program and/or training content to fit different contexts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs;
- Strong planning, supervising, and program development skills;
- Prior success working and building relationships with diverse groups of people;
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and process documentation;
- Ability and desire to travel frequently to Room to Read program sites.
- Significant experience working in Bangladesh with government schools, teachers, youth workers, and school-going adolescents
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and/or providing capacity building support
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Effectiveness in working in a non-governmental organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
CompensationCompetitive salary with following benefits:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Allowance
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Apply procedureInterested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online via this link: https://osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RoomToRead/job/Bangladesh---Main---Dhaka/Program-Officer---Girls--Education-Program_R-01670 Deadline for application: On or before 31st October 2021.