Plan International is looking for an Education Specialist, Girls Get Equal (GGE) Project.
About the project
Plan International Bangladesh is going to implementing a multi years project titled ‘Girls Get Equal: Integrated approach to end CEFM’ ‘in one district (Barguna) of Barisal Division. The overall objective of the project is to reduce the incidence of child marriage in 16 unions of two sub-districts within the district of Barguna. The project will reach 26,000 children and youth in Barguna District with interventions across the five outcome areas which are girls’ retention in school, youth economic empowerment, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), social norm change and child protection. The project will target the most marginalized adolescents and young women, will follow a clear tested graduation model to make the young women economically productive through effective training and income generating opportunities and socially empowered to achieve gender equality in the world of work.
Contract duration: Upto December 2024
- The Education Specialist will lead, organize and develop strategic directions for the education programme to ensure synchronized programme implementation.
- S/he will oversee implementation process and quality of educational interventions according to developed guideline/standards.
- The position holder will work in a team to ensure the use of gender transformative inclusive education tool in implementation process of the project and support partner to establish community and school led initiative that reduce girls drop out and end early marriage of girls.
- S/he will promote collaborative relationships, networking, and advocating project approaches to concerned authority and departments of government (e.g. Union Parishad, District and Upazila level Secondary Education Authority, NCTB, DSHE, Department of Children & Women’s Affair, Social Welfare Department at Sub-district, District & Divisional level etc.) and like-minded organizations.
- S/he will engage national level relevant government, UN and I/NGO experts to develop and review different guidelines, manuals, resource materials to be used in the project.
- The jobholder will maintain close coordination/functional relationship with Plan’s divisional colleagues for better integration of the project.
- S/he will create evidences with proper documentation for designing and implementing capacity development of partner staff, Teacher and School management to bring about social change toward girls.
- S/he will be responsible for collecting information, reviewing documents, field visits, preparing drafts in consultation with other programme teams etc. and accumulate information to use in influencing at higher level within relevant identified stakeholders.
- The Education Specialist will also be responsible to provide assistance and appropriate support in emergency responses as the project location is in a disaster-prone area.
Educational, Skill and Experience Requirements
- We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual with a Master’s Degree preferably in Education or any other relevant subject from a reputed University.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum three years of relevant working experience in implementing formal and non-formal education projects preferably in mainstream education project.
- Demonstrated skills in providing technical inputs for addressing education issues and the result chain of projects with In-depth understanding on gender dimension, gender equality and inclusion regarding education.
- Exposure to community development especially in the child/youth rights development and the basic capabilities to adopt appropriate tools & methodologies to facilitate disadvantaged children, young people, families and communities.
Salary and benefits
Monthly Consolidated Salary Range: Tk. 100,000.00 to Tk. 110,000.00 (may vary based on experience)
Other Benefits: Life & Health Insurance Benefit, Festival Bonus, Yearly Health Checkup etc.
How to apply
To find out more details & apply instructions, visit: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Barisal-Education-Specialist-Girls-Get-Equal/758695501/
15th January 2022