Condoms and Pleasure
According to an article by Dhaka Tribune, men have been lagging behind in using birth control, especially condoms. Instead, they pass on the responsibility of using contraception on to their partners.
It is a common belief that the use of condoms will result in a loss of their sex drive and won’t give a complete pleasurable experience. This is one of the main causes which leads to unwanted pregnancies and transmission of STDs, the burden of which later has to be borne by women.
What does a condom do?
A condom creates a thin physical barrier that obstructs semen from going inside the vagina. This makes sure fertilisation does not occur. Planned Parenthood says that condoms are 98% effective against pregnancy. As a condom prevents the exchange of any kind of fluids between partners, it provides protection against STIs and STDs.
Can condoms make sex better?
Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of reasons how a condom can help you have a more pleasurable sexual experience. There are condoms now designed to add more stimulation, and to appeal to the senses of taste and smell.
- Dots and Ridges: Some companies have developed condoms which have a dotted or ribbed texture which are strategically placed to create a more erotic experience. Ribbed condoms have little raised ridges which helps to achieve greater friction. Dotted condoms have raised dots which creates more stimulation. These condoms can unlock a new level of excitement inside the bedroom.
- Flavoured Condoms: When flavoured condoms were first introduced in the market, the art of love making got a whole new dimension. Today, condoms come in a variety of flavours like chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and much more. These condoms were specially made to make your sexual experience appeal to your senses of taste and smell.
- Worry free experience: Even if you’re on birth control, sexual intercourse with a condom on can result in 100% protection against unwanted pregnancy. Thus, you can have a tension free and risk free experience where you don’t have to worry.
What can go wrong?
- For first timers, it can get a little uncomfortable to learn how to put on a condom and use it correctly. But once you practice intercourse a few times with a condom, it helps you become comfortable.
- Condoms do not provide 100% protection. There is a small chance that the condom might break. This can happen due to not using a condom the correct way, or by using expired condoms. It is common that out of ignorance, some might use petroleum jelly or oil as a lubricant which can lead to breakage.
Watch this video to learn how to wear a condom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdSq2HB7jqU
How can I get a condom?
It is no surprise that for many people, especially young people, it becomes very difficult to buy condoms over the counter. In this research, Anika Binte Habib writes about the challenges faced by urban youth in Dhaka for access to contraceptives.
Apart from medical pharmacies, you can find condoms in large departmental stores where can just pick your product and pay at the cash counter. If you are still uncomfortable with that, you can order online. Online pages on Facebook or e-commerce sites like Daraz and Chaldal sells these items which you can have delivered to your home, workplace or any other place which you find comfortable.