Share-Net International (SNI) is now organised in seven country hubs: Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Ethiopia, Jordan and the Netherlands. To encourage the expansion of the network and make the work more accessible, SNI decided to develop a digital platform to ensure knowledge sharing, matchmaking, and international knowledge exchange can happen more effectively at an international level.
As for July 1st 2021, Share-Net International is looking for a Digital & Social Media/Engagement Specialist (24 hours/week) for an initial duration of 6 months with possible extension. The hours should preferably be divided among 4-5 days a week.
As the Digital & Social Media/Engagement Specialist of Share-Net International, you will drive the engagement of the members, develop content and moderate the soon to be developed Digital Platform of Share-Net International. You will engage Share-Net members from around the world in conversations and discussions through the platform and social media. Using your creativity and ambition for innovation, you will respond to ongoing trends in online moderation and social media and collect analytical data to take the Digital Platform and Social Media to the next level. You will be part of the Share-Net International team, but also collaborate with the country hub secretariats to develop and promote content from all the hubs.
Specific tasks of the Digital & Social Media/Engagement Specialist include:
- Stimulating conversations and discussions with Share-Net members and the wider online SRHR field through the digital platform and social media
- Moderating the digital platform (manage users, engage users online, stimulate conversations and connect members)
- Managing membership requests of Share-Net International members
- Managing the Share-Net International’s social media, such as Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Collaborating with the country hub secretariats to develop content
- Keeping the digital platform up to date with relevant news, resources, and events from the SRHR field
- Regular user testing with Share-Net members to improve the platform
- Collecting analytics on the digital platform and social media and use these to propose ways to improve the platform
- Being the focal point for the developers and work with them to improve the platform.
- A clear commitment to the platform’s strategic vision and values
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven proficiency in social media and content writing
- Broad knowledge and interest in SRHR
- Be culturally sensitive, have experience with working with sensitive topics
- Keen networker
- Knowledge of WordPress and CRM systems, and Illustrator/Photoshop, or willingness to learn
- Creative, having an eye for innovation
- Proficiency in spoken and written English (any other language regarding the countries we work in such as French, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali or Kirundi is a plus)
The salary offered will be based on qualifications, expertise and years of experience. You will be part of the Share-Net International team, but you will mainly be working online.
The initial assignment is for 24 hours/week, six months, with the possibility of an extension. We prefer that the hours can be divided among 4-5 days a week.
How to Apply
Click the button blow to download the Terms of Reference (ToR) for details on how to apply:
The deadline for application is 19th of May 2021, 9 PM (Bangladesh Standard Time/ GMT+6). The first round of interviews will take place on the 1st of June and the second round of interviews on the 4th of June 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact us.