Call for proposals: Share-Net International’s Digital Platform
Share-Net International is calling for proposals to identify a suitable and experienced organisation for the development, hosting and maintenance of a digital platform. Please download and read the ‘Call for Proposals’ for details.
In the year 2020, Share-Net International (SNI) will grow geographically by having more country hubs, members and partners to be able to brand SNI as an internationally well-known knowledge and matchmaking platform on SRHR. In this light, SNI aims to develop a digital platform to ensure knowledge sharing, matchmaking and international knowledge exchange can happen more effectively at an international level.
The digital platform will be built on the already existing SNI website and integrate Trainers Lab. This website is currently mainly being used for sharing knowledge, including news and resources in the field of SRHR, call for proposals, vacancies, international events and to promote the work of SNI. In addition to knowledge sharing, the new digital platform aims to strengthen the collaboration between all Share-Net country hubs and their members by facilitating international knowledge exchange as well as matchmaking between the different sets of actors in the SRHR field.
Knowledge sharing is one of SNI’s Knowledge Management strategies that contribute to the SNI long-term outcome “Knowledge is applied into evidence informed SRHR programmes, policies, and practices”. It is characterised as the dissemination through a wide range of channels and tools of both new and existing knowledge, as available research findings are often not known by those who should use them. The knowledge sharing happens via digital ways and face-to-face meetings.
The digital platform should include the following:
- an integral website which shares information from all Share-Net country hubs, articles, blogs and other forms of information.
- a clear interactive link to the websites of the Share-Net country hubs
- an interactive e-library for thematic areas, resources and eLearning courses, learning videos and best practices
- an automatic job board where member organisations can publish their vacancies and consultancies
- a space that links to online streaming services (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams) to stream Share-Net activities.