Opportunity for Senior Journalists in Bangladesh
PRB (Population Reference Bureau), a non-profit organisation which has its headquarters in Washington DC is looking for 12-14 senior women journalists from South Asia, including Bangladesh, to participate in its Women’s Edition South Asia Programme. Women’s Edition is a platform ‘that brings together senior-level women editors, reporters, producers from influential media organisations in developing countries to examine and report on pressing issues affecting women’s health and status.’
In 2019, Women’s Edition South Asia programme will be held in Kathmandu, Nepal, with its focus on Child Marriage. The seminar will be held in late March or early April. Successful participants from this group will be invited to another seminar that will be held in 2020 on a different issue based on reproductive health. They may also be eligible for reporting grants to fund an in-depth coverage.
You can apply if:
- You are a woman journalist from Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Pakistan
- Hold an influential position at a senior level with a leading media outlet
- Freelancers and bloggers may apply but must provide a letter of support from a news organization indicating that their work will be published or broadcast.
- Have interest in women’s health and population issues and demonstrate a commitment to covering these topics.
- Can communicate effectively in English during the seminars
What will happen at the seminar?
Journalists will engage in sessions with health and development experts who will explain the reproductive health issues linked to early marriage, participate in editorial meetings to develop strategies for covering these issues from a policy perspective, and join site visits to see innovative programs in action.
After the seminar, Women’s Edition journalists must produce an in-depth special report, series of stories, or broadcast program on the issues covered for their media house. Seven or eight journalists who produce the best reports will be invited to seminars and study tours on 2020 to learn more on reproductive health, population, and development issues.
How to apply?
Click here to apply. The last date to apply is February 4, Monday. You will need to provide the following:
- Basic personal information and links to your social media pages.
- Your current CV.
- A statement of interest.
- A description of an important reproductive health topic in your country.
- Two examples of your best work.
- Two references
Note: PRB will cover all seminar expenses of selected journalists.
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com
Source: Population Reference Bureau